01 October 2010

Truth or... Truth?!

And so it begins... Another month closer to the end of the year. Another month closer to my "star year." Another month of... well, just another month. :) Oh, if you've never heard of the whole "star year" thing, well let me drop some knowledge. (Haha, I've always wanted to say that. :D) It's the year that you turn the same age as the day you were born. For instance, my birthday is on the 28th and next year I turn 28. Get it? If not, I don't how else to explain it. I'm not quite sure what's all entailed to the "star year" thing but one of my mission companions told me about it. I think it's supposed to be a really good year. Yeah, that sounds good. :)

Alright, now for the real fun. Today starts the 30 Days of Truths Challenge! Woo-hoo! Are you as excited as I am? I hope not, I hope you're more excited because I'm not that excited, just a little excited. Hopefully I'll get more excited as the challenge continues. Wow, that was a lot of "exciteds" used in those last two sentences. :)

Day 1: Something you hate about yourself.
Am I only supposed to put one down? Well, I guess there are more things that I DON'T LIKE about myself rather than HATE. This is going to be a tough one... I suppose the thing I hate about myself is the fact that I over think things. All the TIME! Like seriously. If you didn't already know this about me, then we don't spend much time together. Sad. Anyways, in every situation I think about what's going to happen, what shouldn't happen, and what could possibly happen. I basically play the whole thing out in my head. Like a little preview runs through my head of how it's all gonna go down. You might laugh and think I'm kidding, but even as we speak, rather as I type and you read, I'm thinking about what else I'm going to write in this blog, how many of you are actually reading this, who's reading, and your reactions to it. I'm pretty much even thinking about where you are reading this, like at home, work, someone's house. Huh, I never realized how much of a mind stalker I am. Creepy! But even if I somehow don't over think a situation that is about to happen, I often over think, practically obsess, about something that already happened. I guess it's more of dwelling on the past but it's usually just one moment for a long time. I'll think about how it happened, how it could've been better if I said this or if they said that. Or if I did something different. Look at me. I'm over thinking this entire post. I told you. Moving on!

Yesterday, Isabella was playing with Carrie's phone. It was locked and she usually just pretends that she's talking to someone on it. Well, our neighbor was visiting and Isabella was doing her thing while we were all talking and then I get a text. I look at it and it's from Carrie. It said "DVD :D." Isabella totally texted me! What the heck? This little girl is too smart for her own good. She figured out how to unlock the phone and she texted me a word AND a super smiley face! I swear, she never ceases to amaze me!

Well, I better skedaddle. I'm still thinking about what else I could add to the challenge question (*rolls eyes). I hope you have a wonderful day and a most enjoyable Conference weekend! Tomorrow is the next question, so be sure to come back. Be strong, be happy, and find the joy in your life! Hollah!


2 comments:

  1. lol. I like that you over think things...yes, sometimes it can be a bad thing, but it's also good because you don't get into as much trouble as someone who rarely thinks does. ;) <3 ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I totally over think EVERYTHING too! And I didn't realize how much of a mind stalker I was until you said that lol. But seriously...I feel your pain. I think that is why I always write novels to people because I want to make sure they are getting the right message from me and understand haha. But in my head while I'm writing part of me is saying get to the point and stop blabbering. Like right now...I'm peacing out.
    P.S. I think the 30 day truth thing will be cool!

    ReplyDelete