11 June 2012

Turn the Page

I realize that the previous blog stated there would be more blog postings and there have been a lack thereof. I take this time now to express my apologies, but at the same time I ask you, are you truly surprised? We both know that I have promised an abundance of updates and have frequently failed at doing so. I despise that it has happened as many times as it did. However, I cannot do anything about the past. I can only work toward changing the future. Not necessarily the future of the world, but at least the future of MY world. J


Today’s post will merely be a filler post, as to carry you over until the next posting. I have much to update on and many pictures to include. First, I must organize my thoughts and pictures in chronological order. Keep in mind this WILL take longer than is ideal, since I am moving in about 5 weeks. I have a lot of things to weed out and pack. I must say, I really hate packing. I don’t mind moving, since I’ve done it SO MANY TIMES. The only thing that I don’t like about moving is packing. Oh, and the whole idea of having to “start over.”


I am completely ecstatic over the fact that I am moving back to Utah and finally to St. George. It’s been a move-in-the-making for over 4 years now. I know! I’m sorry. At least I’ve FINALLY said yes, doesn’t that count for anything? With this new adventure, I’ve decided that I must (in no particular order) become more courageous. I must become more confident. I must become more competitive. Not in the sense of having a STRONGER desire to beat everyone and everything. More like fighting for the things that I want/need in my life. Make sense? This next chapter is going to be entitled, Three C’s. J


The song du jour (haha! Idk if that’s right but I thought it worked) is by a semi-new group, Karmin. I’ve been following them (not via twitter, as I find it weird for people to make a stalker’s job THAT much easier J) over the past several months and have fallen in love with them. The recently released their first album and this song is the basis of my Three C’s chapter. They inspire me as does this song. I wish them all the luck and success they need and cannot wait for what they have in store for their Karminites! J


I’m Just Sayin’- Karmin

Oh if I want it, I’m gonna get it

And I’m just sayin’, I’m just sayin’

Oh if I want it, I’m gonna get it

And I’m just sayin, I’m just sayin’


Future in my hands

Gotta make it count

Convince yourself it’s feasible

Then there’s nothin’ else

Sick addiction, dangerous mind

Put it on command

Error undefined

Even when you got a shadow of a doubt

Even when a hundred people tell you it’s a wipeout

You gotta do it big

You gotta do it strong

At the end of the day

You’re the one who’s in the wrong


Regretting and forgettin’ everything you worked for

Instead a trendsettin’ and bettin’

It’s so upsetting’ I’m sweatin’ now

And I can’t believe it

It should be so easy, oh…

Already got a knack

Just dial it back

The window’s open and the world is yours

Go attack

Cause when the wind is right and the tide is high

Then it’s time to fly


Chorus-

Oh if I want it, I’m gonna get it

And I’m just sayin’, I’m just sayin’

Oh if I want it, I’m gonna get it

And I’m just sayin, I’m just sayin’

I know, know, know

Where to go, go, go

Oh, oh, oh

Oh, oh, oh

Oh, oh, oh

I know, know, know

Where to go, go, go

Oh, oh, oh

Oh, oh, oh

Oh, oh, oh


Did you ever think

I’ll do what I want

Me in the marathon, uh

One in the front

Now you’re makin’ plans

Don’t let them screw it up

Better write your name on it

Paper cut

Most people afraid of hearing no

Got booed off stage once, Apollo

I can do anything that I wanna do

And I’ll take that

Cause it’s not for you


Took a few years to surface

But now it’s so bizurkus

And I’m ring leadin’ in this circus

I’m just sayin’

I’m just layin’ and pavin’ the road ahead of me

Bravin’ the elements

And watchin’ it cave in

My heart is racin’ and palpitatin’

I’m so done anticipatin’

It’s all good, yeah

Made up my mind

Threadin’ the needle is part of the design


Chorus


Oh if I want it

I know I’m gonna get it

I’m just sayin’ that’s the way that it goes- 2x


And if we look at life

I’mma tell you what

You only get one

We bein’ honest, huh?

Let em tell you no
We on another place approachin’

Destination hit the main vein

Now we glidin’, windin’

Tryin’ not to crash cause we so high

Gotta keep grindin’


Not a limit

No drivin’

The ship

We runnin’

It all


Chorus

1 comment:

  1. GET IT GIRL!!! ;) I am probably the only person more excited than anyone for you to be moving here. :D No worries...once you pack and move you get to UNpack! lol.

    ReplyDelete