24 October 2009

New Paint

It's interesting how life works sometimes.

As you can tell from previous posts, I went through some hard times recently. I thought it would've taken a lot longer to get over. But, I've been praying a LOT for strength to move on and to get over it. I half expected myself to take a LONG time, again. Last time, I thought I was over and done w/ it, and that was over 3 years ago. But then it came out of the woodwork and threw a fast one at my face! So naturally, I figured it would take a while again. Well, w/ fervent prayer and family and friends to talk to, it's been so much easier! In fact, I'm so over the whole thing and frankly quite upset over it, that I've built the bridge and am SPRINTING over it.
Of course it was over a stupid boy... yes boy! Luckily, I have a super awesome friend, Carrie Belle, that has been wanting to set me up w/ some guys she knows. She moved to Orem a few months ago and we have since reunited. She is married and has a little girl now, but has quite a few single friends... yay for me! Well, the one she was talking about for a while, was a missionary in her old ward, in Maryland. Our schedules have been busy so we haven't been able to meet up and have him there too. She later told me about two other boys, last week. She said that they are brothers to one of her friends/ mission companions. She wanted to have a dinner and invite these two brothers and me. I thought, at first, that would be kinda awkward for them since they'd both be there for me. Great for me, but weird for them. :) Well, I almost thought it wouldn't happen for a while, because again, my schedule has been packed over the weekends lately. Which is way weird, since that pretty much never happens! Anyways, one thing dropped off my schedule and created an opening. Last night was the dinner! We had it and her friend's house w/ her husband and two kids, Carrie and her husband, Hector, and their baby, Isabella, the two brothers and me.
We talked for a little while and then had dinner. Talked more during and after. We eventually moved back into the living room and continued talking. I am so shy when I meet people. I'm sure as you are reading this, you're like, "What? Leo, shy?" I know! I really am shy though. It takes me a little while until I'm not shy, and then once I know you and feel comfortable, there's no shutting me up. :) Anyway, I didn't talk too much. I was involved in the conversation of course, but I was mostly listening, and playing w/ the kids. Which is what the older brother, David, was doing as well. The younger one, Bob, left after dinner.
I'm not gonna lie, I was looking at David all night. I think he's cute and seems really cool. He asked me a few questions through the night, but we really didn't talk. It got late, so we finally decided to leave. We said our goodbyes and he left too.
Carrie went to talk to David at his car, while I got into ours. She asked him, "So nothing? No interest?" He said, "No, I am! I don't know what happened." Apparently he was nervous and shy too. He told Carrie that he's shy in group settings.
As we were driving me home, we talked about the evening. I told Carrie beforehand that I was gonna be shy and nervous, so it wasn't that much of a surprise on my side. Hector said there was definite interest from both of us. So true! Hector said that David was looking at me all night, when I wasn't looking. I was doing the same thing. He also said that David stayed for me. Because as soon as we said we were leaving, David got up to leave too. If he wasn't interested, he would've left earlier.
Carrie planned for us all to go to the "Haunted Forest" in American Fork, on Thursday. I was excited 'cause that's a perfect opportunity for me to hang on David, w/o it being too weird. Hahaa! But I hear that's why guys go to haunted houses w/ girls. ;) I'm excited to see how it works out! I'm so twitterpated right now! I really hope that this time we'll be able to talk and get to know each other a little more.
The point of the story, I almost forgot, was that even though life seems like it's never gonna stop being hard, and like you're stuck in a deep whole, w/ no way to get out... All of a sudden, it gets easier and a rope is thrown down for you to climb out. I say a rope, because you still have to work your way out. As you do, you get stronger and smarter so you don't do it again. Life sucked for the last month. But this one night, after I decided to get over the past, made my day. It was like sanding off the old paint and then putting a fresh coat on. W/o being able to see it anymore, the old color of the paint will be forgotten and only the new one will be remembered or thought about. Be strong, be happy, and find the joy in your life!

1 comment:

  1. LEO! :)
    I'm so glad that things are working out for you! I knew it would just take a little time and HF would be there to help you out of the "hole." :) Keep your head up!!! I'll call you later. :D

    ReplyDelete