16 October 2009

E Komo Mai!


Aloha, and welcome to my blog! I am so excited that you've stopped by. Here's to a new hobby, and fun times!

A quick disclaimer- I am random and often my thoughts don't always relate. So as you read, do not be surprised on how twisted my comments and stories become. By twisted I mean, how fast it turns into something else, without warning. But in the end, it usually connects... somehow.

I assume that whoever is reading this, already knows me, so there isn't much point of going into a whole life story. If you are someone I don't already know, then this will be a new experience for the both of us. You'll just have to catch up and try to put things together as we go. :)

Life thus far has been a... roller coaster ride of emotions. Recently I took an unexpected trip down "memory lane." It's almost as if I was thrown on a plane, not knowing my destination and not being anywhere near prepared for it. However, this unexpected trip was one of self-discovery and growth. It's amazing how life throws situations at you. Sometimes you are able to catch it, and other times, you get hit in the face hard. I haven't fully realized yet, if I caught this one or if my face actually is hurting from lack of catching. Only time will tell, but at least for now, nothing is flying at my face, full speed.

There are a few people in my life that have become my "go to" sources. These wonderful ladies have been my source of inspiration, insight, and for lack of a better word, logic. I always seem to know what they will say, but it somehow is always different and kind of an "a-ha" moment when they are the ones that say it to me. I guess what I'm saying is.. thanks for being there and thanks for always understanding me, even when I don't understand, myself. And for anyone who has their own "go to" people, don't underestimate them. They have become your "go to" people for a reason. Love them, show them that you love them, and be there for THEM. One of these wonderful ladies told me something today that I want to share w/ you. During our conversation, I mentioned that I felt like a turtle in the situation I was dealing w/. Where it was stuck on my back and I was moving so slowly forward, still attached to it. She then said, "I like to think of you as a hermit crab, where you can leave the old shell behind and find a bigger shell, so you can grow." She later said, "don't let other people dictate how valuable you are."


So, in a nut shell... remember that when life comes at you fast and hard, you're not alone. You have so many people behind you and around you, that are more than willing to back you up. You have a team, remember that there is no "I" in team. Life is easier when others are there to pick you up when you've fallen hard, because you couldn't catch what was thrown at you. Try not to hold on to things for so long. I know I do. I hang on to things w/ such a vice grip that it's almost impossible to pry it from my hands. I'm trying this new thing of letting go. Definitely not an easy concept for me, but something I am desperately trying to acheive. I'm not talking about holding grudges, I'm talking about holding on to the past. Just let it go. Free yourself and free anyone or anything that has kept you from moving on. You can do it!

I better end this. Otherwise this will become the longest post, ever written. :) Thanks for coming by and I hope you will continue to do so. Be strong, be happy, and find the joy in your life!

2 comments:

  1. LEO!!!!! I totall y love you girl. Keep your head up! Things will work out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for getting with the program LEO! Now I can keep track of you... :) NIck and I have a blog as well. I'm sure you can just click on our names and it will take you there if you are interested at all. Well talk to you soon lovey! PEACE

    ReplyDelete