16 October 2009

From under...

I don't know how you feel about Britney Spears, but I really like her. I'm totally excited that she's made an awesome comeback and I've found some inspiration in her songs. It's interesting because in intermediate and high school, I didn't like her, but I liked her music. I hated when people said that about *NSYNC. I just didn't understand how that worked, until I felt the same way about Britney.

On her latest album, "Circus" there is a song called "Out From Under." I've had it for about 6 months now and never realized what the song was talking about. I've listened to the whole album repeatedly, but there was only a few songs that I really listened to. This one in particular, became a favorite over the last week. It came to me one morning. I woke up singing, "from under, from under," which is part of the chorus. But, I didn't know the words to the song. Those were the only words I knew. I thought about it all day, and finally decided to listen to it. Once I did, I was so happy to find the words to express what I was feeling at that moment. My roller coaster ride down "memory lane" brought on feelings that I didn't know what to do w/. After listening to this song, it gave me the strength I needed to heal and move on. It's on my playlist, to the right.

"Out From Under "

Breathe you out
Breathe you in
You keep coming back to tell me
You're the one who could have been
And my eyes see it all so clear
It was so long ago and far away but it never disappears
I try to put it in the past
Hold on to myself and don't look back

[Chorus]
I don't want to dream about
All the things that never were
Maybe I can live without
When I'm out from under
I don't want to feel the pain
What good would it do me now
I'll get it all figured out
When I'm out from under
(from under, from under, from under, from under)

So let me go
Just let me fly away
Let me feel the space between us growing deeper
And much darker every day
Watch me now and I'll be someone new
My heart will be unbroken
It will open up for everyone but you
Even when I cross the line
It's like a lie I've told a thousand times

[Chorus]

And part of me still believes
When you say you're gonna stick around
And part of me still believes
We can find a way to work it out
But I know that we've tried everything we could try
So let's just say goodbye
Forever

[Chorus]
From under, from under, from under, from under

Don't underestimate the power of music! I feel that the reason it's such a huge thing in everyone's life, is because we are able to convey so much emotion through it. Of course the written word itself is able to convey just as much emotion but I feel that it's the words combined w/ the music that give it a more powerful meaning. Think about all the times that you experienced, that were hard. What got you through it? I bet that, other than family and friends, it was music or "that" song. Seriously... think about it. Tell me what you think. Tell me what it was. Tell me, how you deal w/ things now. No doubt... music is in there somewhere. Think about it, "food for thought." Be strong, be happy, and find the joy in your life!

1 comment:

  1. LEO!!!!!!!!!!! :)
    So, Try this... watch a scary movie without the sound. It's pretty awesome and hilarious! ;) I don't think people really think about the music that they listen to and the effect it has on them. So, THANKS for your post! Just remember, No worries. Everything will work out. Take a deep breath and take a step forward. You're an amazing person, so don't doubt yourself! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete