17 January 2011

Soundtrack

To my Bloggies…

How was your weekend? Your Martin Luther King Jr. Day? I hope they were all wonderful!

Today I had an interview for a new part-time job. It’s a pretty good opportunity but, frankly, it’s not for me. I would not do well in a commissioned position. Just because I hate feeling like I have to pressure people into anything. Therefore, I wouldn’t make much money. Plus, I’m not that great of a salesperson. You know, the kind that gets people all amped up to change an aspect of their life for something “better.” I had a hard enough time going door-to-door teaching people about Jesus. And that was for free!

I’ve decided to stop going after the things that I am not familiar w/ and to just go for the ones that I am really good at and will definitely excel at. I know that I can do anything I put my mind to but why fix something that ain’t broke, right? If you know of any jobs, that I have experience in, give a girl a shout! J

This one isn’t going to be too long. I just wanted to give you something to read. J Oh, AND… I saw “Country Strong” this weekend and I just have to say that I loved it! The whole story was pretty good but I really fell in love w/ the singing. I already knew Gwenyth Paltrow sang but I did NOT know the other two characters, Garrett Hedlund and Leighton Meester, sang. I am totally in love w/ Garrett Hedlund! I thought he was gorgeous from the first time I saw him in “Troy.” I saw him in “Four Brothers” but Mark Wahlberg is also in it so I was distracted by him. J But his role as a cowboy who sings, he basically took my breath away. No seriously! Check it out for yourself!

I know, right?! I told you he was amazing! J You should go watch the movie. The reviews haven’t been the best but my review is a good one. If you don’t love the movie, you’ll at least love the music. Today’s song is one of my favorite ones from the movie. I want to sing this w/ my husband at our wedding. J I know. I’m so cheesy. Anyways, hope you have a wonderful week. Until next time Bloggies, be strong, be happy, and find the joy in your life!


Give in to Me- Garrett Hedlund & Leighton Meester

I'm gonna wear you down
I'm gonna make you see
I'm gonna get to you
You're gonna give in to me

I'm gonna start a fire
You're gonna feel the heat
I'm gonna burn for you
You're gonna melt for me

Come on, come on
Into my arms
Come on, come on
Give in to me

You're gonna take my hand
Whisper the sweetest words
And if you're ever sad
I'll make you laugh
I'll chase the hurt

My heart is set on you
I don't want no one else
And if you don't want me
I guess I'll be all by myself

Come on, come on
Into my arms
Come on, come on
Give in to me

I'll use my eyes to draw you in
Until I'm under your skin
I'll use my lips, I'll use my arms
Come on, come on, come on
Give in to me
Give in to me
Give in to me

2 comments:

  1. #1--Which song?? The music vid or the lyrics???

    #2--Just looked at Kandee's blog. LOVE it!!! :) How come you never told me about it before??? lol.

    <3 ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. girl i totally know what you mean. i keep thinking i should just apply anywhere for fun and stress out on a real job like before, but i would probably get fired for not making any money if it was a commision job! i hope all goes well with the search. n i LOVEEEE kandee johnson. her baby NEEDS to come out already. she's the one that talked about the loreal lash extend mascara and that's why i bought it! ahahahaha.

    ReplyDelete