12 January 2011

No Whining Zone

Hello Bloggies!

Haha! Do you love how I just come up w/ names for you? J I know, I’m pretty awesome like that. If you haven’t already seen them, I put a few pics up from the holidays. Like seriously, a few. There’s a bunch more but I didn’t want to put them all up. They’re all Pohai’s pics for I borrowed them. I just took the important ones. J J/k!

These past few months have been a little hard for me, emotionally. Not where I was totally depressed or anything, just where I was having a hard time appreciating my job and daily interactions. Don’t get me wrong. I LOVE Isabella and her parents. They are the best and take care of me so much! It’s just been hard because at times I just want to hang out w/ my friends or just go somewhere w/o worrying about Isabella. I’m pretty sure I’ve talked about this before but this is just a little update. Recently, I’ve realized how fun it can be to watch a little girl every day. Yeah, it’s hard and takes its toll. But it’s only a glimpse into parenthood. I’m not saying I can’t handle it. I totally can. I’ve taken care of kids from newborn and up since I was 11 years-old. The only thing I haven’t done was carry and birth a child. Oh, and financially support one (thank goodness). I’ve come to terms w/ the fact that I need to just get over myself and realize that Isabella is just a kid and she doesn’t have to do everything in the OCD way I want. And I’ve learned to love her parents more. I’ve had a few hang-ups because things are done totally different from the way I was raised or expect. Thankfully, I’ve gotten over those and have slowly had a better relationship w/ them. At least I think so.

Moving on. I watched “Born Different 2: More Amazing Medical Stories” on E!. Among the different people that were spotlighted was Kyle Maynard.

His story is so inspirational. He was born w/ congenital amputation, anything from missing a limb or an extremity, to multiple. In Kyle’s case he doesn’t have arms or legs past his elbows and knees and despite his “handicap” he is far from being one. Check out his site! He is freaking amazing! And check out that episode he’s in, too. It’ll help you to get more of an idea of who he is. I officially have a crush on him. J His story has made me look at myself and realize that any limitations I THINK I have aren’t as big as I think they are. Compared to Kyle, I have no reason to be limited. If I want something I need to do everything in my power to make it happen. I have to stop sitting back and waiting for things to happen TO me. Things happen after some kind of action is taken. Like Kyle says, “No excuses.”

Today’s song is one I discovered several years ago. A mission buddy told me about this band and a copy of their CD. I love this song! It really helps me to remember to keep my head up and to just go for it. Until next time Bloggies… Be strong, be happy, and find the joy in your life!

Dream Big- Ryan Shupe & the RubberBand

When you cry be sure to dry your eyes
'Cause better days are sure to come
And when you smile be sure to smile wide
Don't let them know that they have won
And when you walk, walk with pride
Don't show the hurt inside
Because the pain will soon be gone

And when you dream, dream big
As big as the ocean blue
'Cause when you dream it might come true
When you dream, dream big

When you laugh be sure to laugh out loud
'Cause it will carry all your cares away
And when you see, see the beauty all around and in yourself
And it'll help you feel okay
And when you pray, pray for strength
To help you carry on
When the troubles come your way

And when you dream, dream big
As big as the ocean blue
'Cause when you dream it might come true
When you dream, dream big

When you laugh be sure to laugh out loud
'Cause it will carry all your cares away
And when you see, see the beauty all around and in yourself
And it'll help you feel okay
And when you pray, pray for strength
To help you carry on
When the troubles come your way

And when you dream, dream big
As big as the ocean blue
'Cause when you dream it might come true
When you dream, dream big

No comments:

Post a Comment