01 January 2011

Nuevo Ano

Happy New Year!!!

Hello lovelies! How was 2010 for you? I hope your ringing in of 2011 was fun! Mine’s sure was. J It wasn’t your typical new year’s celebration but it was still fun for me. I hung out w/ the BHGs (minus Raylene) and we watched Dick Clark. I haven’t watched him in forever! We took a bunch of pics (of which I will upload later here or to my facebook) and each had our own bottle of Martinelli’s. Good times! J

I decided to follow in the footsteps of one of my BHGs. She has decided to make this year “her year.” She’s starting up w/ a trainer and has a goal to lose weight and to make herself the best she can be, including spiritually. How awesome is that?! I definitely need to put my desire to improve physically and spiritually into action. 2011 is a great time to start! Plus, being my 10 year anniversary of graduating from high school, I probably should look close to as good as I did back then. Just saying.

Today’s song is a classic from old “blue eyes.” He is so smooth! I think this will be my theme song for this year. Once again, taking a cue from my BHG. J It’s targeted toward being w/ someone but that will come later. Here’s hoping! J Good luck in this new year and thanks for reading! Be strong, be happy, and find the joy in your life!

The Best is yet to Come- Frank Sinatra

Out of the tree of life I just picked me a plum
You came along and everything's startin' to hum
Still, it's a real good bet, the best is yet to come

Best is yet to come and babe, won't that be fine?
You think you've seen the sun, but you ain't seen it shine

Wait till the warm-up's underway
Wait till our lips have met
And wait till you see that sunshine day
You ain't seen nothin' yet

The best is yet to come and babe, won't it be fine?
Best is yet to come, come the day you're mine

Come the day you're mine
I'm gonna teach you to fly
We've only tasted the wine
We're gonna drain the cup dry

Wait till your charms are right for these arms to surround
You think you've flown before, but baby, you ain't left the ground

Wait till you're locked in my embrace
Wait till I draw you near
Wait till you see that sunshine place
Ain't nothin' like it here

The best is yet to come and babe, won't it be fine?
The best is yet to come, come the day you're mine

Come the day you're mine
And you're gonna be mine

3 comments:

  1. I love it! I am glad to see that you are going to make this year your year as well. I know that we can do this. We can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy new year!!! we watched the fireworks from upstairs last night with my inlaws and seriously, only 7 or 8 homes were popping fireworks. NO ONE was home or doing anything!! esp with the new ban on illegal fireworks. but nonetheless, i'm super excited for you goals! and i'm with you on getting healthy and in shape. we should do an exercise program or cheer each other on or something together to support each other to stay active!

    ReplyDelete