05 February 2011

Changing My Mind

Bloggies!!

I have missed you so! Once again I am sorry for my lack of consistency. Hopefully this post will be fulfilling for you as much as it is for me. :D

As some of you may already know, from facebook, I have started to exercise. I am pretty excited! I have been watching this season of “The Biggest Loser” and decided that it is time for me to change, not only my weight but more importantly my mind. I cannot get healthier and make myself better if I do not first decide to. They even talk about it a little on TBL. I have connected w/ some of them because I feel the same about certain things but I have been rooting for Moses and Kaylee, a father/daughter from Idaho. They are members of the church and are so inspirational! Just looking at their pictures on TBL site made me tear up a bit. Man, I’m so emotional. J Anyways, Kaylee decided to go on the show to help her dad make the life change as well as make the change for herself to avoid continuing to follow in the footsteps of so many of her family members. Moses lost 41 lbs in the first week!! Holy cow! The girls from the purple team said that he “lost a kindergartner!” That’s like two bags of rice! Sheesh! Go Moses!

I will NOT be as hardcore as the contestants on TBL are, because I can’t exercise for 6-8 hours a day w/ awesome trainers. Rather, I will take it at my own pace. I have Jillian Michaels “30 Day Shred” DVD and it’s a 20 minute workout. I have decided to alternate it every other day w/ walking/jogging for 30 minutes. I’m working on my diet but it really isn’t much of one. I’m gonna start off w/ portion control and then go from there. My goal is to lose 10 lbs by my birthday so we’ll see how that goes. Ultimately, I want to lose more than 40 lbs to get me back to a weight I have not seen since freshman year of high school! I have been debating whether or not I will take before and after pictures. If I do I am not sure if I will post them. Maybe I’ll take two kinds of pictures, ones that I will use for my own comparison and then one that I don’t mind sharing w/ all of you. I am a lot bigger than most of you think. Seriously.

Here’s to my own personal challenge. J I started on Thursday and have been consistent every day so far. Sundays will be my “day of rest” and then back to it Monday through Saturday. Depending on the frequency of our seeing each other, hopefully you will see a difference (fingers crossed). Oh, and to make sure I keep to it I will be weighing in every week and I will blog the results. Since I didn’t start until Thursday, I won’t weigh in until next Thursday. So expect results that night or Friday.

Today’s song is one that will be on my jogging playlist. J I first heard it back in high school and loved it ever since. If you don’t know who these guys are, I don’t blame you. Their type of music is pretty hardcore and I don’t know if I could handle an entire CD of theirs. But this song really gets me moving. It’s also a song that Dave listens to while snowboarding and Raylene while jogging. J There’s an inside joke to that so if you don’t get it, then we need to hang out more often! Be strong, be happy, and find the joy in your life!


When Worlds Collide- Powerman 5000

What is it really
That's going on here
You've got your system for total control
So is there really anybody out there
Now watch us suffer cause we can't go
What is it really that is in your head
What little life that you had just died
I'm gonna be the one that's takin over
Now this is what it's like when worlds collide

Are you ready to go
Cause I'm ready to go
What you gonna do baby baby
Are you going with me
Cause I'm going with you
It's the end of all time

What is it really that motivates you
The need to fly or this fear to stop
I'll go along for the ride but surprise
When we get there I say 9 of 10 drop
Now who's the light and who is the devil
You can't decide so I'll be your guide
And one by one they will be hand chosen
Now this is what it's like when worlds collide

[chorus]

What is it really when they're fallin over
Everything that you thought is denied
I'm gonna be the one that's takin over
Now this is what it's like when worlds collide

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I'm so proud of you! I have to get my elemu into gear too. :S I just need to start. Thanks for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete