28 February 2011

28 on 28

Happy birthday to me!!! J


Getting ready… (not for my bday but close enough)

I can’t believe that today is my 28th birthday! It’s gone by so fast! I still feel like I’m 16. Well, more like 21. J

For the first time in my life, at least that I can remember, I had a BIRTHDAY WEEKEND!! It was amazing! And it’s not even over yet. Thursday night Karyn came over and stayed the weekend. She came up w/ Amy, our friend and her roommate. Friday we went to dinner at Tepanyaki in Provo, w/ Pohai and Emily. That was so fun! I got free ice cream and a song. The chef working at the table close to ours was totally workin’ it for Karyn. Good times! Then back to the Blue House for singing on PS3. I love karaoke sessions!

Saturday night we went to dinner, again, w/ Pohai, Emily, Amy, and her two sisters Jeanette and Katie. We went to Spark in Provo. It’s a restaurant and lounge. It’s cool because it has a high-end club/bar feel w/o the alcohol. They have cool drinks, too! AND, I got free frozen chocolate mousse. It was basically chocolate ice cream.

Sunday night I had dinner at the Blue House. Pohai made me “That’s the Ticket Chicken” and cheesy potatoes. Freaking delish!! And some friends from my old ward came over and we had good times!

Tonight, Julie made Chinese food and a double-layer chocolate cake. Totally delish, even if we ended up using cornmeal type flour by accident. I totally love it!



It kind of looks like a hat or the top of a volcano. Grandpa (Carrie’s dad) called it a coliseum. After dinner I had FHE w/ my branch group and I took a Bundt cake. Yep, I made my first Bundt. I always think of “My Big Fat Greek Wedding” when Bundt cakes come up. J We played games after the lesson and then had dessert and they sang to me. Aww!

What have I done in the past 28 years of life? I’ve lived in 5 different states, and gone to 8 different schools. Served a mission in San Bernardino, CA. I’ve been working on a degree in elementary education. I’ve been/am a full-time nanny. There’s more but it’s hard to think of everything from 28 years of experience. J

Thank you to my family and friends who have help make me the person I am today. Thank you to the newer friends I have made along the way. Thank you to everyone who’s been there through thick and thin. Thank you for making this birthday one of, if not, THE best birthdays ever! J

Today’s song is a fun one. FEM is super cool! J This one makes me feel good so I thought I’d share the goodness. I couldn’t decide what song to put up for my bday so I just went through my iTunes on shuffle until I found a rockin’ one. J Until next time… Be strong, be happy, and find the joy in your life!


Rocketeer- Far East Movement feat. Ryan Tedder

(Chorus) Here we go, come with me
There's a world out there that we should see
Take my hand, close your eyes
With you right here, I'm a rocketeer
Let's fly
Up, up here we go
Up, up here we go
Let's fly
Up, up here we go, go
Where we stop nobody knows, knows

Where we go we don't need roads, roads
Where we stop nobody knows, knows
To the stars if you really want it
Got, got a jetpack with your name on it
Above the clouds in the atmosphere, phere
Just say the words and we outta here, outta here
Hold my hand if you feeling scared, scared
We flying up, up outta here

Chorus

Baby, we can stay fly like a G6
Shop the streets of Tokyo, get you fly kicks
Girl you always on my mind, got my head up in the sky
And I'm never looking down feeling priceless, yeah
Where we at, only few have known
Go on the next level, Super Mario
I hope this works out, Cardio
Til' then let's fly, Geronimo

Here we go, come with me
There's a world out there that we should see
Take my hand, close your eyes
With you right here, I'm a rocketeer

Nah, I never been in space before
But I never seen a face like yours
You make me feel like I could touch the planets
You want the moon, girl watch me grab it
See I ain't never seen the stars this close
You got me struck by the way you glow
I'm like, oh, oh, oh, oh
I'm like, oh, oh, oh, oh

Chorus

3 comments:

  1. i know i'm late, sorry, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LEO! i hope you had a wonderful and funfilled bday. you sure deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy super duper way too late birthday Leo!
    We miss you a ton too! Life this semester has just kind of been a whirlwind, Scott and I only see each other for like 30 minutes some days...
    But YES we need to hang out soon!!!

    ReplyDelete