30 November 2010

Snow Day

An interesting thing happened today. Hector was leaving for work but the garage door wouldn’t open. We tried unlocking it to open it manually but it still wouldn’t budge. Turns out it was frozen to the ground on one corner. Finally it broke loose and Hector was on his merry little way. Carrie was sick from last night and stayed home.


Our own little snow dune

Meanwhile, Stinky (one of my nicknames for Isabella) and I got bundled up and went out to play in our snow-covered back yard. I’m pretty sure it was her first time playing in the snow. J She doesn’t have gloves yet, so I put socks on her hands.

We didn’t stay out as long as I was planning because I knew Stinky’s hands were getting frozen. She kept grabbing at the snow and all. Poor little thing! She was braving the cold to play outside. We went in after about 10-15 minutes of playing and good thing, too, because her hands were red and super cold when I took off the socks.


Stinky

Snow angels, anyone?


She loves her pockets!

Thanksgiving was awesome! I went down to St. George Monday night and then Karyn and I went over to Page, AZ on Wednesday and stayed until Sunday. We stayed w/ Karyn’s extended family. It was super awesome! I had only met her grandma and great-grandma (on her mom’s side) before but this time I got to meet her uncles and their families! Our turkey dinner was amazing! I had heartburn all week. I still have some. It was that good! J Thanks Karyn and Fishers! It was memorable and great!

Today’s song is one that sums up how I felt today. Well at least the title. J And you can't go wrong w/ Harry Connick Jr.! J Be strong, be happy, and find the joy in your life!


It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas- Harry Connick Jr.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas
Ev'rywhere you go
Take a look in the five and ten glistening
Once again with candy canes
And silver lanes aglow

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas
Toys in ev'ry store
But the prettiest sight to see
Is the holly that will be
On your own front door

A pair of hopalong boots
And a pistol that shoots
Is the wish of Barney and Ben

Dolls that will talk and will go for a walk
Is the hope of Janice and Jen
And Mom and Dad can hardly
Wait for school to start again

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas
Ev'rywhere you go
There's a tree in the Grand Hotel
One in the park as well
The sturdy kind that doesn't mind the snow

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas
Soon the bells will start
And the thing that will make them ring
Is the carol that you sing
Right within your heart

1 comment:

  1. You are so funny. LOL I wonder what Isabella will think of this when she's older. ;) I'm happy things are going good! Keep your head up!!!

    ReplyDelete