20 November 2010

Devilish

I realize that this is late but then again, I never had a deadline. It’s just a week or so later than when Karyn posted hers.

This post is dedicated to my Karyn!


Karyn back in 2002 @ Hilton Waikaloa

What can I say about Karyn that hasn’t already been said? Nothing. I simply have to reiterate it all! Karyn is my best friend and I am so blessed to have her in my life. It’s been quite a rocky road of friendship, at first, but it’s been smooth sailing more recently. Ours has truly become a friendship, nay sisterhood- yes, I just said nay- that has withstood the sands of time. Haha! Could I throw in anymore old sayings? J

Moving on. Karyn has been there for me when I felt like I couldn’t turn to anyone else. Or I was too embarrassed to go to anyone else. Karyn has always been the non-judgmental shoulder I could cry on. She has given been so much advice that I needed. The funny thing is that I always knew what she was going to say but the way she’d end up saying it was so much better than I thought and really opened my eyes to a newer horizon.

Thanks for the good times and sticking through the not-so-good times! I am truly grateful for your, sisterhood? Sistership? Well, you know what I mean. Thanks for knowing EVERYTHING about me and yet still loving me. Words will never be able to express my love and gratitude. Less than three you, Karyn! Less. Than. Three you.

My song dedication to you is… Wow, going to be a tough one. How do you sum up Karyn into a single song? Somehow, I found one. J I remember the first time we listened to this song in your house in Kona- on Palani. This was the first time I asked you to teach me how to harmonize. One day I’ll be able to harmonize w/ you! J

Until next time bloggers, be strong, be happy, and find the joy in your life!


Local Girls- Keahiwai

She lives aloha everyday in her own stylin’ way

Cruises the town without a care

T-shirt and shorts with her long brown hair

The best friend that you could have, she’ll always make you laugh

And when it comes that time, she’s always by your side

Chorus

‘Cause she’s a local girl, living in this Hawaiian world

Yeah she’s a local girl, living in this Hawaiian world

That girl will party every night

And she’ll stand up if there’s a fight

Surfin’ the waves whenever she can

She’s proud and strong ‘cause she don’t need one man

Chorus

So bruddahs listen up and let me make this clear

You best not mess with her because she has no fear

And if you do her wrong then she will make you pay

‘Cause no matter what you do she always get her way

Chorus

2 comments:

  1. You are too cute! :) Also--you have been there for me too. I think it's just better when we're together. :) PS--I have some GREAT stories to tell you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw so sweet! when I think of one of you I automatically think of the other. You're two peas in a pod! "congrats on your 10 yr friendship) :P

    ReplyDelete