29 January 2010

Week Not Weak




I apologize for the lack of blogging lately. I have no excuse. I think I don't blog, because (as I most likely have mentioned before) I feel like it needs to be about something exciting! Although, if I really thought about it, I'm sure I could report about something exciting everyday.

This week has been pretty good. Not anything out of the ordinary, but nonetheless, a good week. Wait a minute! I need to blog about this last weekend! DUH!!!

Friday I was working at CPK, but not until 1130am. I got a call from Kapono asking me why I wasn't working. He meant at the DC. I told him where I was going to be working that day, and he said that they were at the center picking up some things they needed. Well, Uncle Doug and Aunty Mele got in earlier that week so I really wanted to see them. I suggested to Kapono that they should have lunch and CPK. :)

About an hour into my shift, I saw a super tall guy and a familiar girl walking in through out revolving door. I did a double-take and realized that is was Nick and Kuulei! I practically ran over, well I basically skipped over, and went to hug them. Then Rouie, Kapono, Aunty Mele, and Uncle Doug came in. It was such a nice little reunion! I hadn't seen Uncle and Aunty since before my mission... about seven years! Longer story short, they had lunch in my section and then we made plans for the next day.

Saturday was Kuulei and Nick's sealing in the Draper temple. It was so beautiful! Nick's family was there and then Kuulei's family and friends. It was the only sealing that I cried in. I haven't been to THAT many, but I've been to a handful and they were for really good friends, but this
one was for my "sister." As I sat there listening to the sealer, and looking at the happy couple, I thought of Kuulei as my sister and how wonderful it will be to see her in the eternities. I longed for it to be my actual sister, Nani, but one day. :)

We all headed over to Price after the sealing and a luncheon at the Harker's. The next day would be Alice's (Kapono's baby girl) blessing. I drove over w/ Emily and Pohai.

Sunday was so fun! We went to church and Alice was blessed. I love going to family wards. Watching and hearing the little kids, precious! After church there was a little party and everyone came over for food. You know how Polynesians do, partied and food! :) It was such a great weekend. Reunited w/ friends and family. Good food, and definitely good times!
Compared to that my week was just good. Monday the girls and I had the day off. We left Kapono's and drove back home. I ended up cleaning up, that often seems to be my therapy, and Emily and Pohai went to IKEA. Tuesday I worked at the center, and that was a really good day. Wednesday was a long day at CPK, but it was busy, so great for me! Thursday I was off and mostly relaxed. Jen, a girl I work w/ at CPK, cut my hair. I did a few errands and then spent some time w/ Emily until Pohai came home from work. Today was a good day at CPK. It was a pretty busy day so another good day for me. Tonight I found out more about my blind date tomorrow night. Oh yeah, I'm going on a blind date tomorrow night! I'm so excited! I've been told that he's a really awesome guy. Tall, nice, witty, funny, talks a lot. What more
could you ask for! Other than the obvious. I'll keep you posted. You'll probably have to wait another week or so before I post anything, knowing me. But you might get lucky and have an update sooner than that. :)
Well my dear stalkers... I hope you had a great week, and I hope your weekend is even greater! Be strong, be happy, and find the joy in your life!

1 comment:

  1. aw... I'm glad the week was so wonderful for you! It was so nice to be able to spend time with you. You ARE my sister and will always be... Love ya!

    ReplyDelete