07 January 2010

The letter before Z

Have you ever wondered, "why?"

Huh! Of course you have! EVERYONE has! It's impossible for you to say that you have never asked why, w/o lying. There are many different situations upon which this question of "why" has occurred.

That one time when you looked in the mirror and found a flaw w/ the reflection staring back. Whatever it was, I guarantee it wasn't as horrible as you thought.

Or what about the time when something inconceivable, at the time, happened? Looking back at it now, was it really all that inconceivable?

And then there's that time when you were genuinely asking, "why?" The "why" that comes up when you are confused or uncertain and just NEED to know the purpose of the situation. I hope that time of asking was a memorable and impacting moment. An epiphany, if you will. It's the time when you learn something or are eager to learn something, and would stop at almost nothing to find out. I love those moments. Those are the ones I live for... Well, that's what I wish I could honestly write about, but I would be lying. I don't "live" for those moments, but I have decided that I will strive to live that way.

I'm not what you would call "book" smart or even "street" smart. I don't deny that whatsoever. But I'm not uneducated either. The things I don't know and/or understand, I try my best TO know and/or understand. I look forward to those times of learning. I "live" for those moments. The moments of expanding my knowledge a little more... Huh, I guess I do live for those "why" moments after all.

It's interesting how life pans out. You think things will work out one way, but it really ends up flipping a 360 on you and works out in a way you never even dreamed of. Life is weird that way. It's unpredictable and yet so predictable, all at the same time. Think about it. You expect something to turn out one way, but in the back of your mind you're thinking that the rug is going to be pulled out from under you. And it does. You don't see it coming, but you're never surprised when you find yourself flat on your back w/ the wind knocked out of you.

I apologize if my rambling doesn't make any sense, but what I wish to impress upon your mind is that you can't count on life to be easy or routine, but you CAN count on life to work out for the better. Life gives you situations to learn from, and what you take away from that situation is what makes you the person you are, today. Good luck!

Be strong, be happy, and find the happiness in your life!

2 comments:

  1. :) Love you Leo!!! If you need to talk, I'm here...

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this post and love you! and girl, i'm always asking myself 'why.' haha

    ReplyDelete