05 January 2010

East to West

Happy new year everybody! I'm still trippin' over the fact that we have now entered 2010! Crazy!

I am packed and mostly ready to head back to Utah. I leave Virginia tomorrow around 12pm and get into Salt Lake City around 630pm. I have a layover in Detroit. I'm pretty excited to get back to life in Utah. I've missed it a lot. Don't get me wrong, I've loved visiting w/ my sister and her family out here, but there's different things that I've missed in Utah. Basically, just all my friends and family are what I'm excited for. I've missed my jobs too, and will be getting right back to them the next day. Phew, it's definitely gonna be a busy week for me!

This last weekend we all went to Washington DC. It was pretty fun! We parked outside of DC and took the Metro in. That was a pretty cool ride. We went past the Arlington Cemetery, among other things. And it was really neat to get a glance at it all.

We went to the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum, the International Spy Museum, and took pictures along the way. We walked a lot, and it was really cold! Lots of wind too, my poor nephews' cheeks were so red by the end of it all. We tried to find the White House, and even had a map of everything. But even though we followed the map, we somehow still couldn't find it. We made it to the Treasury Building but that's it. I bet it was just a little further behind some trees, but we headed back to the Metro station since everyone was freezing and tired.

I've been packing all day, and I have way too much stuff! I came out here w/ way more than I needed, and now that the holidays are over, I'm definitely going back w/ even MORE stuff! :( I even have to leave quite the pile of things, for my sister to send to me later. Although, luckily my sister worked her mad skills and fit more than I could, into my luggage. I could take 3 bags, but I really don't want to pay $180. It'll be way cheaper to just send a box out later. I often wonder where they come up w/ the pricing for baggage. I wish the airlines would go back to up to 2 free! Heck, let us wait by the gate for family too! Oh man, the good old days!

Well, I guess I will let you all get on w/ your hopefully beautiful day/night! Good luck w/ this new year and may all your hopes and dreams come true too! Be strong, be happy, and find the joy in your life!

P.S. The pictures from our DC trip are on my facebook.

1 comment: