24 November 2009

"Virginia is for lovers"

"Attention customers and employees, please evacuate the building as soon as possible." That's what I heard, barely, over the PA system, today at work. A few minutes later another similar announcement was given, only this time it was a guy and he pretty much yelled! I made my way to the entrance and found my sister and we waited. We thought it was a drill, but then the fire department came and a bunch of MPs (military police). Soon, the MPs were blocking off the road and yelling at us to get to the other end of the parking lot, far away from the building.

We later met up w/ some other ladies from work, at the employee parking lot and eventually went down the road to "Church's chicken" and had some lunch while we waited. It took about two hours before they let us back in. Funny thing... After parking the car and walking into work, I was thinking, "I should keep the car keys on me," but I put it in my sister's bag, like always. Oh well!

My sister, Nani, has been amazing! As usual! :) It's been fun working w/ her. She works crazy hard and is super effecient! The first day I worked w/ her, I was baffled on how much she is able to get done, by herself! The amount of work she does is normally accomplished w/ more than one person. But alas, my sister truly is "Super Woman" and gets it done alone.


Virginia has been good to me! It's been very wet and cooling down daily, but I'm grateful that it's similar to Hawaii weather, just a little cooler. :) Definitely a benefit for me, compared to the Utah weather! Don't get me wrong, I love the snow and think it's amazing, but I just can't handle the cold! I'm cold all the time and the added cold from the weather, just makes my world a little less bareable...

Who says "Virginia is for lovers?" I'm totally missing out on this, because 1: I don't know who said this or where it came from, and 2: I ain't gettin' no love! Well not any from outside of my family, at least. Everyone thinks I'm gonna meet some guy out here and that he's gonna sweep me off my feet, and that I'm never going back to Utah. Well Mr. Sweeper... hurry up and get your broom 'cause my feet are gettin' pretty dusty and I definitely need to be swept off of 'em! :) I promise to try to be patient, and I'll for sure keep you, my "stalkers," updated.

Not much else going on other than that! We are going to Matt and Nani's friend's house for Thanksgiving! I'm pretty stoked because all we're taking is a dessert. :) Matt said that Chris is bringing out his tractor and hitchin' a trailer to it. They're gonna fill it w/ hay and give the little kids hay rides. How cool! Then later, we're gonna have a bonfire! Good food, good company, and good fun! What more could you want? Well my little "stalkers," I hope your Thanksgiving is a most splendid one! Eat well, be safe, and have fun! Remember what you're grateful for and be sure to show it! Until next time... Be strong, be happy, and find the joy in your life!

2 comments:

  1. GIRL! I miss you! Today was busy at the Dis-center, being the day b4 Thanksgiving, but I embossed all day and it was NICE! Can you believe I still haven't turned in that freakin' RCA?! I'm going to work on it on this long weekend. Promise... Well, I'll try. I'll text you if I get stuck on somethin'.

    So Virginia's taking good care of you? That's my hometown, you know! :) Be good- luv ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm glad that you're liking virginia. don't you just love having random things at work happen that make you go, 'hmmm.' ahh, love it.

    ReplyDelete