03 December 2009

Running around Virginia

It's been a pretty good week so far! I've been enjoying work, which is a definite plus, and my nephews have been making me laugh, for the most part. :) I decided to add some pics this post, so you wonderful people could see my cute little guys. First, let me tell you a little about work.

As you know, I've been working w/ my sister at the Langley Airforce Exchange, aka "the BX." How it got that name I do not know. Last week I was a fragrance model. Basically, I was one of those girls that stand around asking to spray you w/ a new perfume. Not something I enjoyed, because my table was set up next to two other ladies modeling other designers. Talk about competition. I had four fragrances from Dolce & Gabana, two for men and two for women. W/ any purchase of our product(s), we also had a free gift. I had a couple of things to offer. We had a light blue "beach" bag- not really a beach bag but thats what it looked like, to go along w/ the fragrance of the same name, and we had a towel. Also we had some boxes to use for wrapping. Nice boxes I must say, they even came w/ tissue paper! :) Well, I was supposed to keep track of what was purchased and we did about $250 in just D&G. I think we could've done more if I was set up next to the other two ladies. I felt bad because they needed to sell their products too, but at the same time I needed to get mine out there! All in all, we did pretty good for ourselves, but fragrance modeling is not my favorite. I just didn't like to have to bother anyone to smell my products or feel pressured to get anything.


As for my little munchkins, they are definitely a hand full! But how could you expect anything else out of two boys aged 8 and 6? We went to the park this weekend out in Pungo, a cute little town about 30-45 minutes away. I took some pics of the boys and Matt swinging and playing on the playground. It was COLD, but still fun!


The next day the boys and Matt put the Christmas tree up while Nani and I went shopping. My mom later asked me to take pics of the boys in front of the tree. These are some we took. :)


I am enjoying my stay out here in Virginia. I definitely miss everyone and everything back in Utah, and especially in Hawaii! I hope to visit my family in the islands again sooner than later. :) Work is good, sometimes I get to change things up and just stock products on the sales floor or organize the many boxes in the back, and visiting my family is fun too! The boys are getting big so fast, and it's always nice to be w/ my older sis and her hubby!

Today, my sister and I went cruising! After taking the boys to school, we had breakfast at "Bagels and More." Which, by the way, was really delicious! Then we headed over to "Toys R Us" and then over to the Lynnhaven Mall. It was cool, they have 2 level carousel on one end. I know that sounds weird, 2 levels, but basically it looks like a typical carousel and then the inner circle is a level up w/ more chairs, horses, etc to ride. It looked pretty cool! When we go again I'll be sure to take a picture. I want to ride it w/ the boys. :)

We also met up w/ Matt during his lunch break and went to "Tropical Smoothies." They have really good sandwiches and smoothies. There isn't a "Jamba Juice" here. I got my sister hooked on a different flavor. She usually just got strawberry-banana, lame! After that, we came back to Norfolk to get the boys from school. We orginially wanted to check out some stores for Christmas gifts and then watch "Blind Side," but w/ the show started too late and we were 30 minutes away as well, so we would've been late to get the kiddies. Instead we just went window shopping.

Well I hope you all are doing well. It's so fun to keep up w/ your blogs and see what's going on w/ you all. Have a wonderful week and I hope to post again soon! Love you all! Be strong, be happy, and find the joy in your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment