01 September 2011

Take Two

Aroha! How are my lovely Bloggies doing this fine evening? Well, it’s evening for me. J

I started this post two days ago. I had about half a page worth of writing. Turns out it was a bunch of self-wallowing. I erased it. All! Now I am starting anew. J

I’ve been watching the nephews for the past couple weeks that they’ve been back from visiting the grandparents. Nani and Matt work during the day and my schedule is SUPER flexible. I’ve been trying to do fun things w/ them but we mostly just end up playing at home and usually playing video games. I decided that I was going to break in my new tennis racket, that I’ve had for the past 4-ish months, and take the boys to the park for tennis, razor-ing, and skateboarding. None of which I am very good at. Luckily, the six tennis courts were empty so we had the whole place to ourselves. J The boys used Nani and Matt’s rackets and we picked up a can of tennis balls on the way. We had a blast! I hadn’t played tennis since I was in high school. Holy cow! I didn’t realize it was THAT long ago. Kona said that he should be good at it because he’s played Wii tennis a lot. If that were the case, I’d be a pro at bowling, boxing, summer Olympic sports, ping-pong, and so many more sports. J If only! We all got in some good exercising. The boys had so much fun that yesterday AND today they asked to go play tennis again. Sadly, we’ve just had too many things going on that we haven’t had time to go. Kona’s birthday is on Saturday. He’s turning 10! I can’t believe my little Chubbahs isn’t little anymore. Or Chubbahs for that matter. I won’t be able to call them munchkins for much longer. L

Today’s song has been done by a few different people. I’m not sure who was REALLY the original artist. Most everyone is saying it was The Zutons while others say it was Steve Winwood. Turns out Steve Winwood did have a song called “Valerie” but it’s a different one. Most recently Bruno Mars performed it at the VMA’s in memory of Amy Winehouse, as she was the one to make it “famous.” But it was Santana from Glee that I made it a hit for me. I never heard it before that episode. Sad, I know. I’ve listened to four different versions of this song. I like them all. I LOVE the video that The Zutons made. It’s pretty clever. I really like Amy so whatever she sings is good. I’m pretty much in love w/ Bruno. And I’m a total gleek. So it’s hard to say which version is my favorite. I guess they all are in their own way. But for the sake of the artist’s picture to go w/ the lyrics, I will choose Amy. I don’t think I’ve don one of her songs yet. I’ve done Bruno at least twice and Glee… I do their stuff ALL the time! It’s kind of funny how my blurb on the song of the day turns into a whole novel. J

Have a wonderful three-day weekend, Bloggies! I hope that this summer was fun, eventful, and memorable. I’m sad to see it go but I guess it can’t be summer forever. Or can it? J Be strong, be happy, and the joy in your life!

Valerie- Amy Winehouse

Well sometimes I go out by myself and I look across the water

And I think of all the things, what you’re doing, and in my head I paint a picture

Cause since I’ve come on home my body’s been a mess

And I miss your ginger hair and the way you like to dress

Oh won’t you come on over

Stop making’ a fool out of me

Why don’t you come on over, Valerie

Valerie

Valerie

Valerie

Did you have to go to jail, put your house out up for sale, did you get a good lawyer

I hope you didn’t catch a tan, I hope you find the right man who’ll fix it for you

Are you shopping anywhere, change the color of your hair, and are you busy

Did you have to pay that fine that you were dodging all the time, are you still dizzy

Well since I’ve come on home my body’s been a mess

And I miss your ginger hair and the way you like to dress

Oh won’t you come one over

Stop making a fool out of me

Why don’t you come on over, Valerie

Valerie

Valerie

Valerie

Well sometimes I go out by myself and I look across the water

And I think of all the things, what you’re doing, and in my head I paint a picture

Cause since I’ve come on home my body’s been a mess

And I miss your ginger hair and the way you like to dress

Oh won’t you come one over

Stop making a fool out of me

Why don’t you come on over, Valerie

Valerie

Valerie

Valerie

Why don’t you come on over, Valerie

No comments:

Post a Comment